As the 2022-2023 application deadline approaches it’s important to make sure that you’re putting your best foot forward with a competitive application. We’ve put together our top tips for applicants along with a list of resources to make sure your application is the best it can be.
- Make sure you’re aware of deadlines and submit your materials early if possible. All materials for PsyD applications should be submitted by February 11th and all program deadlines can be found here.
- Give yourself enough time to gather all the required documents. A strong application cannot be done overnight so make sure you gather your documents and begin the application at least two weeks ahead of time.
- Showcase your strength and talents with your personal statement. Your personal statement is your chance to show the admissions department who you are beyond the statistics in your application. This is your chance to share your passion for psychology and what you’ll bring to and gain from the MSP community.
- Select and notify strong references who know you well. It’s important to pick references who are able to speak to your strength in a variety of areas to help give the admissions department the full picture of your journey. This should be someone who knows you well and can speak about what makes you unique as an individual so select somebody you have a relationship with not just someone with an impressive title.
- Review the school and programs information. Applications take time and money to complete, so it’s important to make sure that you’re applying to programs that are a good fit for you and your professional goals.
MSP Application Resources
Application and Interview Process
For any questions contact Carrie Pyeatt, Coordinator of Admissions & Student Engagement. You can reach out by email ([email protected]) or phone 248-648-1372.