Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology Application
Enrollment in the PsyD program at MSP begins in the fall semester only. Admission applications will be accepted starting on September 1st for the next academic year. The priority application deadline for fall enrollment is February 15th of the same year (after the priority deadline has passed contact the Admissions Coordinator to discuss the availability of seat openings).
All required admissions documents – including completed reference forms and transcripts – must be received by February 15th to be considered for first round acceptance. Most applications take 2-3 weeks to complete fully. Applications received past the deadline will only be considered for remaining openings if available.
The application review process focuses on educational performance, letters of recommendation, relevant experiences (clinical, psychology trainings, research, etc.), and the professional presentation of self in the application essay.
Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology & Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology with ABA Concentration Application
Enrollment in the MA and MA/ABA programs at MSP begins in the fall semester only. Admission applications will be accepted starting on September 1st for the next academic year. Applications are reviewed following the receipt of all required documents.
There are five application due dates and interviews scheduled throughout the year (see table below). Qualified applicants will be invited to interview after each due date.
Candidates will be accepted until the program is full. 40 full-time MA and 24 part-time MA students are accepted each year.
|MA Application Due Date||Interview Date|
Applied Behavior Analysis Certificate Application
Applicants applying only for the ABA certificate must already have a Masters in psychology, education, counseling, social work, or other approved human services field. Students with a masters in other fields of study will be considered if they have experience implementing behavior analytic therapy. Admission applications are accepted year-round. Early applications are encouraged as space is limited. Applications are reviewed following the receipt of all required documents.
The application review process focuses on educational performance, letters of recommendation, relevant experiences, and the professional presentation of self in the application essays. After review, you may be invited for an interview. Upon completion of the interview, the Admissions Committee will make a decision regarding program admittance.
For MA, MA with ABA concentration, and PsyD applicants, the following items must be submitted to the Office of Admissions:
- Application fee: $75.00
- Current Resume
- Contact information for two current professional and/or academic references (The Admissions Department will contact these individuals directly.)
- Official transcripts must be received from all degree granting schools. If you completed any required pre-requisites at a separate institution, those official transcripts are also required. Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to MSP Admissions.
- Essay/personal statement addressing the following (2-3 pages):
- An autobiographical account tracking the development of your interest in psychology (include relevant work experience), your reasons for selecting MSP, and why you are a good match for our program.
- Self-directed learning and personal growth are emphasized at MSP. Comment on your readiness for this orientation, including examples of self-directed learning and personal growth endeavors.
- The strengths you would bring to this program and the areas in which you would like to increase your knowledge and skills, including short- and long-term goals.
- PsyD Applicants: GRE general test scores* (school code: 1413)*GRE will be waived for applications for Fall 2021
ABA Certificate applicants must submit the following to the office of admissions:
- Application fee: $75.00
- Current Resume
- Official transcripts must be received from all schools where a college degree was obtained. Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to MSP Admissions.
- Essay/personal statement addressing interest and experience in applied behavior analysis
All admissions materials must be sent to:
Michigan School of Psychology
Office of Admissions
26811 Orchard Lake Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
If invited to an on-campus interview, the Admissions Committee will address a number of important topics concerning the applicant’s potential to engage in graduate study.
Following the interview, a decision is made regarding the applicant’s admission and the applicant is notified of the committee’s decision. Should the Admissions Committee have additional questions or concerns, the applicant may be asked to return for an additional interview.
For PsyD candidates, interviews begin in early March. For MA candidates, interviews begin in December for the following fall semester and applicants are encouraged to apply early as seats are limited.
Upon completion of the interview process, applicants will be notified of the admission decision. Applicants who have been admitted to MSP are required to pay an admission deposit. This deposit confirms acceptance and holds a seat in the program. The deposit is credited toward first semester tuition. PsyD and full-time Masters students are required to pay $500.00. Applicants admitted to attend as part-time Masters students or to the ABA Certificate Program are required to pay $250.00. Further information about the admission deposit will be provided upon acceptance to MSP.