Michigan School of Psychology logo

International Applicants

As an international student on an F-1 visa, you must:

  • Meet program admission requirements.
  • Submit an international student packet.
  • Show proof of proper financial support through personal or sponsored funds.
  • Submit proof of health insurance upon arrival in the United States.
  • Submit transcripts to an agency approved by the Michigan School specializing in course-by-course evaluation of international educational credentials. You are responsible for the cost of this review.
  • Research the licensure requirements for the state or country you wish to practice in. Failure to do so may result in the inability to be licensed.

Evaluation of International Transcripts

The Michigan School requires that you use the services of any current NACES member for evaluating international transcripts. We recommend:

The agency’s function is to evaluate your past education for the United States educational equivalent. You must have an official course-by-course report sent directly to the Michigan School.

Evaluation of English Language Proficiency

Non-native speakers of English are required to demonstrate proof of English language proficiency by submitting one of the following:

  • TOEFL score of 79-80 (internet-based) or 550 written; or
  • MELAB score of 80; or
  • MTELP score of 80; or
  • IELTS score of 6.5; or
  • MET score of 54; or
  • Successful completion of ESL coursework which is equivalent to freshman-level English; or
  • Completion of a college degree from an accredited English-speaking institution.

International Student Packet

You may print the international (F-1) packet required to process an I-20 by clicking on the following link:

F1 International Student packet 2023-2024

F1 International Canadian Border-Crosser Student packet 2023-2024

All forms must be submitted in original form, no faxed or emailed copies are acceptable.

Health Insurance

Health insurance is a requirement for all international F-1 students. Proof of insurance must be submitted to the Registrar. For information regarding health insurance please contact the Registrar at (248) 476-1122 or via email.


The Michigan School does not provide housing or transportation. International students must make their own arrangements. The following are a few links that may be helpful in the search for housing.



Equity Apartments



Want more information about our programs? Have a question you need answered? Click here to have our team answer your questions.

Apply To MSP

Your future is just a click away. Start the application process to join the MSP family!

Newsletter Signup

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Student Spotlight

Headshot of Ronny Rahal

MA Student Spotlight

Read More »