The Michigan School of Psychology (MSP), located in Farmington Hills, MI, is a dynamic, independent, not-for-profit higher education institution providing master of arts and doctoral
degrees in clinical psychology and a post-masters certificate in applied behavior analysis.
MSP invites applications for adjunct practicum supervisors for students enrolled in the Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology program. These supervisors collaborate with practicum site
supervisors and the Clinical Training Department in monitoring and guiding the clinical performance of students.
The ideal candidates will:
- exhibit a commitment to supervising graduate students in clinical psychology and fostering their professional and clinical development
- possess effective organization, communication, and relational skills to facilitate students’ development, oversight of clinical cases and the delivery of constructive feedback
- possess values and a vision consistent with the mission of the Michigan School as well as a commitment to the practitioner-scholar model of health services psychology and the highest standards of ethical practice
- PsyD or PhD in Psychology
- Fully licensed as a Psychologist in the State of Michigan (LP)
- Experience supervising graduate students is preferred
- Evidence of a collaborative and collegial work style with the ability to offer constructive and developmental feedback
- Evidence of a strong commitment to multicultural competence, diversity, and inclusion
The Michigan School of Psychology (MSP) is fully committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff and strongly welcomes applications from candidates who would enhance our
inclusive educational community. MSP is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer.
A review of complete applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts (unofficial accepted with application), and complete contact information for at least three references at https://msp.edu/employment/.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
The Michigan School of Psychology, an independent not-for-profit graduate school, provides an educational climate which inspires students to live up to their potential, professionally and personally. Offering an APA accredited Doctor of Clinical Psychology degree, a Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology and a certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis, our mission is to educate psychologists today who will transform our world tomorrow. We believe in every person’s power to grow. MSP operates from three core values: (1) We respect every person. Period. (2) We value genuine relationships. (3) We practice what we teach. Our faculty are licensed psychologists and all are engaged in professional practice.
MSP is committed to diversity, inclusion and educational equity and was founded in 1980 as the Center for Humanistic Studies, during the humanistic movement under the leadership of its founders. Please visit our website for more information about the Michigan School of Psychology: https://msp.edu
The MSP campus is located in Farmington Hills, Michigan, a suburb of metropolitan Detroit, the largest urban area in Michigan. This is a culturally and ethnically diverse area, known as the world’s automotive capital and contains many major corporations. Metro Detroit is rich in arts, culture and business opportunity with world class hotels, restaurants, entertainment, museums and theaters. In 2018, Time Magazine named Farmington Hills as the best place to live in Michigan.