Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA)
The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) provides funding to support postsecondary education students and institutions. This funding is for emergency cash grants to students whose lives and educations have been disrupted by the coronavirus pandemic, including things like tuition, course materials and technology as well as food, housing, health care, and childcare.
MSP estimated that 150 students were eligible to apply for CRRSAA Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF II).
MSP received these funds after signing and submitting the HEERF Certification and Agreement to the Department of Education (ED). Under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA, MSP awarded $21,969 emergency grant funds and supplemented that with $23,031 of institutional CRRSAA Act funding to provide emergency financial aid grants directly to students – a total of $45,000. Application for the CRRSAA Act HEERF II emergency grant funds was made available to students on Feb 12, 2021. On March 12, 2021, MSP was able to fully fund all 45 students who applied for the HEERF II grant with a $1000 award each.
Funds were awarded based on the following considerations:
- Eligibility to participate in programs under Section 484 of the HEA
- Student need as determined from their CRRSAA HEERF emergency grant application
- Additional supporting documentation of need (optional)
- Estimated Family Contribution (from FAFSA results)
- Other financial strength indicators (from FAFSA results)
- Demonstration of exceptional need