Graduation FAQs

Graduation FAQs

Who is eligible to participate in the ceremony?

MA students who have completed their degree or have one semester left in their program are eligible to participate. PsyD students who have completed their degree are eligible.

What do I have to do in order to participate?

You must start by submitting a graduation application. The application triggers a series of processes that lead to the awarding of the degree. If the application is not submitted, your degree will not post, your diploma will not be printed and you will not be eligible to walk in the commencement ceremony. The Registrar’s office will perform a comprehensive audit of your academic records once this completed form and all relevant fees and grades are received.

Graduation applications and cap and gown orders submitted after the deadline are subject to a $50.00 late fee.

You can submit your graduation application here.

If I don’t want to attend the ceremony, do I still have to fill out a graduation application?

Yes, all graduating students must fill out the application regardless of the intent to participate.

Is there a fee to apply for graduation?

Yes, there is a $75 fee to apply for graduation. This fee will be collected electronically within the application.

What is the cost for cap & gowns?

There is no cost to the student for cap & gown.

Can I keep my cap & gown?

Yes, you will be able to keep your cap (MA), tam (PsyD), gown, tassel, and hood.

How many guest tickets can I have for the ceremony?

The number of tickets allowed per graduate varies each year depending on the number of graduates. The Registrar will let you know how many tickets you will receive as soon as possible after the application deadline passes.

Financial Aid Recipients

Financial Aid recipients must complete exit counseling at If your exit counseling is not completed, your diploma will not be presented. If you have any questions regarding the exit counseling, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

Student Accounts

Student accounts must be paid in full at the time of program completion. Any outstanding balance will prevent the release of diploma, transcripts and letters of completion.