MSP’s Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity Alliance (IDEA) is hosting an Activism Week Sunday, November 15 – Tuesday, November 24 and is looking for your support! The committee of MSP students and staff has chosen 10 social justice organizations including The UN Refugee Agency, The Malala Fund, Black Leaders Detroit, Innocence Project and more to support through education, donations and actions.
Friday, November 20
Activism for Polaris Project
Polaris Project takes a comprehensive approach to ending modern-day slavery. The organization advocates for stronger federal and state laws, operates the National Human Trafficking Resource Center hotline, provides services and support for trafficking victims, and works with survivors to develop long-term strategies to ending human trafficking.
How to help:
- Donate through their website: https://donate.polarisproject.org/page/54176/donate/1
- Take action by voicing your policy even to congress members: https://polarisproject.org/actions/
- Create a fundraiser, even through social media: https://polarisproject.org/fundraise/
- Partnerships: https://polarisproject.org/partnerships/
- Have others be educated about human trafficking
For full listing of Activism Week: details, dates, and ways to get involved, visit IDEAS’s webpage.