All circulating laptops feature Microsoft Office 2016 Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Access), web browsers (IE, Chrome, and Firefox), and Adobe Reader. SPSS and Q-Local software is loaded on select laptops.
If needed, an external media drive can be checked out.
Circulating laptops automatically connect to the building’s wireless network and will print wirelessly to the student printer.
The following policies are in force:
- The laptop must remain in the building at all times during the 4-hour borrowing period.
- There are no renewals on laptops. The borrower must return the laptop to the library circulation desk on time.
- No software may be loaded onto the laptop at any time, and none of the existing software or configuration options may be altered or deleted.
- All files created or downloaded must be saved by the borrower. Files can be saved to the desktop temporarily, but they will not be retained once the laptop is powered off or restarted. Please email your files or save your work frequently to a USB drive or a cloud storage app. MSP does not assume any responsibility for files stored on the laptop computer.
- Only one laptop per person may be checked out.
- The borrower is responsible for the laptop during the loan period. Laptops may not be loaned to others by the borrower and must not be left unattended.
- The borrower must immediately inform Library staff of any laptop issues, including damage, malfunction, loss, or theft.
- The borrower must adhere to all MSP information technology (IT) policies outlined in the current year’s academic catalog.
Borrowers will be subject to the assessment of fines if a laptop is returned late, or if it is lost, stolen, or damaged. An overdue laptop will incur a $50 late fee if it is returned within 24 hours. A laptop that is 24 hours overdue is presumed lost, and the borrower will be assessed a replacement cost of $1000.
As stipulated in the IT policies outlined in the academic catalog, damage to a laptop in excess of normal wear and tear will result in the assessment of the cost of the necessary repairs or the replacement cost.